3.09.2007

Oh, Vista...you!


I'm kind of digging Micro$oft Vista. Thankfully, I run it on my work machine, so I didn't have to pay for it myself. I must say that you've GOT to be nuts to try and run it on 512MB of memory. No wonder MS recommends 1Gig of memory. The OS uses as much as it can. Thankfully it does a good job of freeing up memory as needed.

Still, it got old running Vista business on my "Vista Capable" Lenovo 3000 N100 with only 512. I went onto Newegg and ordered another 512 (too cheap to spring for the Gig) and waited with bated breath for my upgrade to arrive. Unfortunately, like my Thinkpad before my Lenovo, the memory was "unsupported" (even thought BIOS correctly recognized the new amount of memory) and wouldn't boot into the OS. Impatient as always, I did a little (better) research, and broke down and bought memory locally from BestBuy (which was close in price to Crucial.com). Ah, sweet speed at last! No more counting to five before Thunderbird opens...

As a side note, my Window Experience Index jumped from 2.3 to 3.1 with the upgrade. I can't image how ANYONE could survive with less than 3.o it. Not that its a competition or anything. It's strange...I thought MY video card would've been worse than, say, an Nvidia card in an HP.
Hmmm....

Labels: , , ,

0 Backtalk:

Post a Comment

<< Home