7.05.2006

"Tumbleweeds in Aisle Five"

Today Jack and I had the wonderful privilege of going to the brand new Lowe's Home Improvement warehouse here in Jackson to purchase a new refrigerator. While the store itself is impeccable and the refrigerator selection was superb, the service was - well, shall we say - moribund. Mortified by the deathly stillness created by the cadaverous amount of customer service representatives nowhere nearby, Jack and I decided to try and breathe some new life into the graveyard I like to call "Appliances." Spotting a service request button located on the nearest support column, we "mashed" the button in the attempt to summon some help. A mere 20 minutes - and every type of annoying storewide service announcement later - a Lowe's service associate finally managed to make his way to help us out. From then on the trip went smoothly, except for the fact that they didn't have the model of refrigerator we wanted. But we finally managed to leave the store in just a hair short of an hour.

I'd just like to say thank you to the wonderful customer service that makes Lowe's of Jackson a great place to shop for all my home improvement needs.

6 Backtalk:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I still blame Bush for the gas prices!!!!

Jethro Henry

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Dear Jethro Henry,Thanks for your input
on the Lowe's debacle ,you remark added
a lot of insight to the post.By the way,
I also blame Bush for you being a moron.

Administrator

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

You know how I feel about Lowes employees...

2:44 PM  
Blogger Sean Scribner quipped...

Big Brother, please keep in mind that I'm not saying anything against any one individual Lowe's employee. In fact, the guy who finally assisted us was courteous and helpful. I was only drawing attention to a problem common to what seems like most service centers across Jackson. Unfortunately for you (a Lowe's alumnus yourself), I used Lowe's as my "sacrificial lamb" to make a point.

Look, if you want, perhaps we could go to Lowe's together and buy a crowbar to try and remove that very large chip that is lodged on your shoulder........

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Sean,
Do I detect a bit of disdain for the general service industry in your new home state? Let's see... so far we've learned that you don't like the food service, you don't like the roads, you don't like the customer support, you're not particulary fond of the state govt, and the work ethic is, well "poor" to say the least... is there anything I missed?

CONGRADULATIONS!!! All in all, I'd say you're coping well to the culture shock of Mississippi. I think I the words "hate" "deplore" and "disdain" pretty much summed up my first couple of years there.

HOWEVER, after five years I came to love it there... it was even hard for me to leave! May southern living captivate your heart in likewise manner! LOL!

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

As a state employee and former and laid off member of the Lowe's team, I'd like to commend the Jackson Lowes staff for a job done lethargically. I salute you.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home