8.31.2006

INSPIRON 500M Review

Since Sean made some cash doing his review, I figured I'd get in on the action. Here's my first attempt at a review.

I'm going to be covering the Dell Inspiron 500M. It has pretty modest specs as far as laptops go... Pentium M 1300mhz, 256MB RAM, Windows XP Home, etc. Pretty standard for lower end laptops. The case is pretty boring aesthically, with the typical gray and blue color scheme. I give it credit for not being really flimsy. It doesn't have the bad creaking-pop sound some laptops have (at least not as noticable as some HP's I've used). The keyboard has a nice feel to it, and the key layout is pretty standard.

Use-wise, you get the kind of performance you'd expect from a Pentium M class machine that is crippled by only having 256MB of memory. It's fine as long as you don't need to do any real multitasking (like sending AND receiving email). I do give a decent rating for battery life. I'm presently on a bench outside my place of employment, and I've been using it for about a...wow this feels a little hot. Hmmm... anyway I seem to get out of it a good 30 minutes longer when compared to a Compaq I used to own. I give credit to this Sony battery that Dell wisely included ... Is someone burning tires out here? OH CRAP, MY CROTCH IS ON FIRE!!!!

2 Backtalk:

Blogger Sean Scribner quipped...

Wow, Jack. I can tell you put some serious work into that review. It puts mine to shame. I stand in utter humility before your superior scholarship and devotion to the cold hard facts.

By the way, how's you're - um - nevermind.......

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Dear Sir,Is it possible to post an
anonymous review? It's not about
anything as exciting as exploding
laptop batteries or the "latest and
greatest" from HP.I was thinking about
the virtues of the Snapper FB1325 brush mower vs the 8hp Gravely of
yester year. What do you think? Just
in time for the Pumpkin Festival.

Tired in Maine

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home