7.11.2006

"Pass the deep-fried Cheez Whiz, please!"

Recently I watched an animated timeline showing the national trend of obesity presently plaguing the United States. The CDC released data showing how the number of states whose populations were at least 25% obese has steadily grown over the last several years. The animated map/timeline is pretty saddening; I suggest you watch it! It can be found here.

Anyway, I noticed that prior to 1997 no state had a population that was at least 25% obese. But guess what: Mississippi was the first to break that barrier! Looks like we Magnolia fatties enjoy our Krispy Kreme doughnuts and deep-fried chitlins a little more than everyone else in the country. It's actually pretty sad. Perhaps that's why the roads are so bad around here - we all weigh so much!

So in honor of this blubbery state that I call home, I thought I would post a couple pictures of myself. The first one is from my wedding day back in 2003. I was young and trim in those days. But now things are different, as you can see in the second picture, taken just last week. If you look closely enough you can actually see the effects that living in Mississippi has had on my physical condition. I know that you may not be able to detect it with the naked eye, but yes I have put on a few pounds here and there.

Post your comments and/or recipes. In the meantime, I've got some mini crullers that are simply calling my name...

8 Backtalk:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Dude...I don't know why you're upset about your recent weight gain. I think it's quite becoming. You look dead sexy.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Dear Sven,
Please!!!! Enough of the comments
directed at MS. Our slogon is "The Best of
the New South" and we mean it.We've made
great strides in the past century and continue to move forward.We have a clean,
safe capital, a vibrant economy (spinner
sales) and an energetic public sector to
provide government services.So back off
Mister. As our former Pastor "Thinking in
Ohio" states you'll grow to love it here
like he did. Funny though he had to move
to Ohio before he could make that assertion, things always look better when
your looking into the past.

Thinking in MS?

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Mr. Mississippi Thinker...I hold no ill will toward the good 'ol Mississip. Although I do enjoy reading the bitter reviews of the state's crime, government, customer service and traffic tendencies on this blog. Everytime I read it I inch closer to buying a summer home there. Just wanted to comment on the stunning change in the bloggers physique. He's turned into a breathtaking dish.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Sean,
That last picture is a little deceptive. You seem to look a little bigger in real life. I thought the camera was supposed to ADD 20lbs. not subtract 50. Hmmm.

Chunkyluver44@aol.com

3:10 PM  
Blogger Sean Scribner quipped...

Thank you one and all for your flattering comments concerning the recent pictures of me on the blog.

Sven, I'm beginning to question your sexual preference since you consider me both "dead sexy" and a "breathtaking dish."

Anonymous, I don't know what Mississippi you're living in, but I'm still reeling after reading, "We have a clean, safe capital, a vibrant economy (spinner sales) and an energetic public sector to provide government services."

And Chunkyluver44@aol.com, I am hurt -- very hurt. Actually, if you are who I think you are, then "Chunkyluver44@aol.com" could very well apply to your fiancee......

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I think I better hide Thomas the next time you're in Ohio...

12:21 PM  
Blogger Sean Scribner quipped...

Wait a minute, he looks kind of like a baby. COME HERE, LITTLE MAN, I'M GONNA EAT YA! GET IN MAH BELLAY!

I want my baby-back, baby-back, baby-back.....

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Hey Chubby!! Glad to see Mississippi is agreeing with you. Actually all those trips to Sonny's are doing you good. Just think... in a couple of months you will weigh as much as your better half... LOL

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home