10.16.2006

Ohio State Hockey invades Philly

The Philadelphia Flyers have been making a habit out of picking up Ohio State hockey players. First they signed free agent RJ Umberger, then they got Eric Meloche, and then picked up Nate Guenin. The biggest surprise though, was that they drafted this guy. I can't seem to find his name anywhere, but I must say I'm impressed. He is a pretty imposing figure, and I'm positive he'll shore up the Flyer's Blueline. Hey, any guy that can skate with a high center of gravity like that HAS to be good. Seriously...look at that cranium! Just goes to show that there is hope for certain members of the Lee family to make a career out of hockey...

10 Backtalk:

Blogger Jake Lee quipped...

I couldn't agree with you more. He earily reminds me of the youngest Lee boy. In fact, at one OSU game "this guy" took "one" for the team (if you know what I mean)in the gentleman's region blocking a scoring chance! After the contact, he simply disappeared to the locker room (don't know what went on there)for a few minutes, and returned good as new.

No doubt! He is a twin of Jr with the oversized cranium, we little body and the afro!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Sean Scribner quipped...

Wow! Now there's a hockey player I could root for.

I did some research, and the only information I could find on this guy comes from assault charges filed against him in Texas, Pennsylvania, and Iowa last month. Apparently his name is B. Buckeye, is 6'5", 145 lbs., has raging brown eyes and a proclivity towards rage. Also, I have found additional charges alleging "preemptive" assault in Michigan. Apparently this guy is going to beat the living daylights out of someone up there next month.

We'll have to stay tuned for more I suppose.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Jake,
That "little Lee" is one tough dude. I heard that YOU were actually the one who tried to impair his reproductive capabilities. (Yours, by the way, are working overtime) Wasn't Jack the one who gave you concussion-like symptoms? Sure, he isn't a scorer, but defense wins games. I just hope your children put more emphasis on team play than padding their stats (like their old man). - Oh no he didn't! -

T. Bertuzzi

9:02 AM  
Blogger Jake Lee quipped...

FYI,

If little Jackie and sarah want to come visit. Blue Jackets host the maple leafs this friday evening for the second time in team history.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Jake Lee quipped...

Sabres 9, Flyers 1

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Jake,
You are such a sell out. I'm sorry if I can't just dump a team just because I move to another state. The Flyers will come around. Even if they don't, they;re still better to watch than the suck-butt Bluejackets.

'nuff said

Keith Primeau

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Any true hockey fan knows that it is perfectly appropriate to have teams from both conferences.

It is just sad that a team with a storied history stinks so bad!Their GM is out of touch with the new NHL. He needs to be more like Doug MacLean - a real winner! Perhaps his problem (Clarke) is can never find any games to watch and see how hockey is played now (thanks OLN).

However, if he continues to bring in old, slow and over the hill players perhaps I'll come back.

Kevin Dineen

1:47 PM  
Blogger Sean Scribner quipped...

Do you guys think we could talk about something other than hockey? This might be the most boring conversation on this blog...EVER. I liked it better when we were all laughing at the little brother with the wee little body and curly hair.

Oh no he di'n't.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Go suck a pumpkin Sean. I can't wait until another OSU player joins the arms race. At least that will make College Fooball SEEM exciting...

Anonymous West Coast Rapper

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Dear Prof.Lee, I'm in complete
agreement with you,Philly sports
teams are once again in the tank.
No matter how many "Worthless Nuts"
they add they will still be losers.
Oh how we long for the glory days
of our youth,when Shero and Ryan ruled
Now they are pale shade of their past
glory,unlike the mighty Bucketeyes who
dominate weekly.I guess I might as well start rooting for Ohio teams like
OCU and Ohio State before it's too late. GED Wannabee

P.S.Sure wish I was at the Pumpkin
Show...........yeah right!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home