6.05.2006

Excuse Me, Please

There is nothing more frustrating to me when I am trying to go through the store than when someone parks their cart right in the middle of the aisle and walks off. It never fails; it happens every time you go. Go to Wal-Mart, Kroger, Piggly Wiggly, wherever, and invariably you will encounter someone who has stopped right in the middle of the aisle. Usually it's a woman (no offense ladies, but it's true), and they'll stop their cart in the one place where no one else can get around and then walk off leaving it there unattended. Meanwhile, as the line builds up of other shoppers who want to get around, you try to squeeze your own cart through but succeed only in knocking things off the shelves and making a big mess. I'm usually too courteous to say something other than a polite "Excuse me." Sometimes I wish I were a bitter old fool who cares nothing of what people think so that I could take a running start and smash into their cart like a runaway freight train sending groceries all over the place and making a mangled mess of our shopping carts. But instead I wait patiently, silently, all the while wishing I were the manager of the store so that I could erect signs everywhere telling people to either move it or lose it.

So folks, please, stop parking your buggies in the middle of the aisle before wandering off into Neverland. You never know, some guy may snap one day and go postal on you and/or your shopping cart.

"Clean-up on aisle 5!"

0 Backtalk:

Post a Comment

<< Home