6.01.2006

What's the matter with you, egg head!

Ah, the egg, nature's perfect shape. It's spherical design makes it the perfect refuge of safety for it's incubating inhabitant. Ever try to break an egg by squeezing it in your hand? Good luck, pal; it's not going to happen. The physics of its design render it virtually indestructible under intense compression.

I wish there was some way to take the properties of an egg and apply them to a car. Just think, a car with the safety and security of nature's impregnable spheroid.

Recent car makers have tried to replicate the form and function of the egg (take the Volkswagen Beetle for example), but they have not yet created a practical consumer-oriented product that truly lives up to its inspiration.

Perhaps you're wondering why I am so concerned with safety on the road. My question for you is, "Have you ever lived in Jackson, Mississippi?" Take a drive down any one of our roads and you will see for yourself what I'm talking about. The head-jarring cracks in the pavement. The tooth-rattling potholes. The ill-timed traffic lights. The diabolically painted street lines. And, most frightening, the DRIVERS! I don't know if it's laziness or selfishness or what, but the drivers down here are just plain terrifying. And it sure doesn't help that every driver on the road is talking on a cell phone. Oh, Jesus, when will you come and rapture cell phones off the face of the earth?

I guess I'm just going to have to wait until the perfect egg car rolls off the assembly line. Until then, please pray for me. I sure would like to live long enough to earn my Masters degree.

5 Backtalk:

Blogger Jennie quipped...

Great thoughts - I'd buy and egg car...

11:35 AM  
Blogger Idiealot quipped...

My favorite "Jackson driving thing" is the people that speed down I-55 with their four-ways on. I haven't figured out yet if it means "may go either way instaneously" or "I'm a moron who thinks the Police will think its an emergency (labor, pants on fire, etc.) and not pull me over." I've seen waaaaay too many of these drivers to know its an emergency thing.

My favorite is the right blinker for the left turn...priceless. Why am I complaining, though? Most of the time they don't use their blinkers anyway...

2:53 PM  
Blogger Jake Lee quipped...

My favorite is people speeding by you at night with no lights or by you and spraying you with rocks from the bed of their truck! Excellent. Or even better yet, when they don't tie down their lumber and shatters your mirror!

But I'm not bitter!:)

3:18 PM  
Blogger Sean Scribner quipped...

Hey Jack, you forgot about when people turn right all the way from the left turn lane even if it's across three lanes, or how everyone runs the red lights, or how people merge into your lane without even looking to see if you're there, and if they see you they get mad that you're there, or how everyone drives like it's the Daytona 500 on all the side streets, or how the police are never around, but if they are they pull over the innocent little grandmother going 1 MPH over the speed limit but let the 18 year old punk street racer go free.

But I'm not bitter,

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Tru dat!

Sir Pimps-Alot

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home