7.19.2006

I think I'm going to start following, gulp, hockey...

I hear all the time about how great hockey is. That's all some people can talk about. I mean, even though back home every person I know loves football, now I am exposed to a different demographic of sports fans. I went from knowing zero hockey fans to a whopping two, and boy do they make some GREAT points. I'm starting to finally give in to their reasoning and I find myself becoming more and more willing to embrace this unique sport.

How foolish I have been all these years following college football. I mean, now I come to think about it, it is pretty anticlimactic attending a football game at the OSU horseshoe. Watching a game with 104,000 other screaming fans really isn't all the exciting. And the team is pretty lame. I mean, they've only won a major BCS bowl championship three out of the last four years. The rivalry against the team up north is pretty boring too. I hate tradition! In the end, college football just isn't...Canadian enough for me.

I guess it's time to suck it up and embrace a real man's sport: Hockey. It will be like a true homecoming. Hockey, you and your low-scoring games with random and confusing substitutions and sell-out crowds that equal the south bleachers at the shoe on a good day, I am sorry for turning from you and loving college football instead. Will you ever forgive me?

Sorry, Jim. I've found something more exciting than your yearly placement in the nation's top teams and run for the national championship, or your almost perfect record against the maze and blue. I have found a new love. It's called hockey, and boy is it exciting.....

3 Backtalk:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Wow,
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Hockey ,football who cares? It's all
juvenile.In the scheme of things what
really matters?, All around the world
society is coming apart at the seams,
innocent people are being slaughtered
and your stressing over college football.
GIVE ME A BREAK,lets ponder important issues
like AIDS, Global warming and will "Smoke'
make the "Chase".

Thinking in MS

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Sean...you are crazy. Everyone knows that hockey is where it's at. Where else do you get to watch grown men with 4 teeth and mullets that would make Joe Dirt proud skate around the ice like Brian Boitano?

There's no doubt that a gripping 1-0 game between the Vancouver Canucks and the Phoenix Coyotes takes a back seat to no sporting event. Who needs over 100,000 fans at a single event, a hundred years of tradition, and bitter rivalries betwixt the states? Not me. Gimme the national sport of Canada anyday.

How many days till kickoff again?

What the heck's a Canuck anyway?

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home