6.09.2006

Only in Bangkok

Now here's a headline you don't see every day. Poor dwarves. They can't get a fair shake anywhere they go. Whether it's buildings and vehicles that are built for "big" people in America, or hungry, hungry Hippos in Thailand, the "man" has his boot on the little people's back.

My only question is this: Since this particular dwarf just happened to be a "carny," does that mean he had really small hands??? "And now deep thoughts, by Sean Scribner......"

Thanks to my sister-in-law for sending me this article, although I'm highly skeptical of its authenticity.

6 Backtalk:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Sean,
Thank you for acknowledging our plight. For too long we have suffered under the tyranny of the "Tall Overlords". They send this Hippo to silence one of the brethren only to have him martyered. We shall find strength in his suffering. Soon we shall overthrough our enemies. No more shall we be prevented from riding roller coasters. ALL urinals will ground level. ALL will drive Yugos. Tremble in fear, tall ones...no shin or kneecap will be safe...

Bilbo of the Shier

10:57 AM  
Blogger Sean Scribner quipped...

Bilbo,

It's funny, but I thought you sailed off from the Grey Havens across the sea with Elrond of Rivendell (Imladris) to dwell with the Valar for all eternity. How strange that here I find you in not-so-Middle-Earth running an advocacy campaign for fellow midg- I mean "little people." This story gets stranger and stranger all the time....

Oh yeah, and I thought you lived in the Shire???

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Sean,
Actually, I did not move across the sea. I decided to more to Delaware. I really do love the tax-free shopping. Its great, for I do so buying jewelry, especially rings. mY pReCioUs! Oh, uh...sorry.
Besides, I do love eating at The Internation House of Pancakes. They don't have them across the sea(I get a senior discount, you know).
Oh, yes, you are correct. I DID spell Shire wrong. It appears that this blasted HP Pavilion doesn't have a functioning spell checker (to go allong with non-functioning DVD drive). Please forgive me for my mistake, oh tall one.

Bilbo

3:35 PM  
Blogger Sean Scribner quipped...

touché

Yes, Bilbo, you forgot one thing: The lack of spell checking is not because of the HP, but because of Microsoft. Besides, the apparent drawbacks of owning that HP are a worthwhile sacrifice to make considering the masterful Quake III Arena skills it obviously provides you....

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Sean,
Well....you just shut up!!!

Bilbo

3:50 PM  
Blogger Sean Scribner quipped...

VICTORIOUS!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home